DjangoBooks.com

First version of Troublant Bolero

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426
Recorded live in 1948 with a clarinet, this version of troublant Bolero is pretty nice and has a different character in my opinion from the subsequent versions.
As it was recorded with Hubert Rostaing, I made a transcription of both guitar and clarinet parts for my Django& the new quintett project.
The transcription is published on Soundslice and you can read more information about the tune, listen to it, play with a playalong on my website.
As a bonus: did you know Jacques LArue (lyricist of Nuages too) wrote some words for Troublant bolero? apparently nobody recorded it at that time but Christy Bennett found the lyrics and recorded it not long ago on her CD Lost Lyrics. I tried to transcribe the lyrics from her recording but there might be some mistakes.

Soundslice
Troublant Bolero page on my website

Critics, corrections, comments are always welcome!
humphrymusicvanmalmsteenBucoTeddy DupontNylonDaveBones

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    thanks PapsPier, I'll be trying to play & learn from the Rostaing parts as soon as I print out your transcription
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Well done Paps ! Such an improvement in your rhythmic notation of the clarinet part since I last commented, whatever's changed keep doing it.

D.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks Dave, it is just that, thanks to you and other people comments, I am getting better :)
    I am taking a break so I hope I won't loose all the transcriptions skills I acquired during this project..
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    PapsPier wrote: »
    I am taking a break so I hope I won't loose all the transcriptions skills I acquired during this project..

I'm sure you won't, and I am sure you will be enjoy hearing your refined and expanded rhythmic vocabulary spontaneously emerge in your playing now and for the rest of you life.

Any way hats off to you and I look forward with confidence to anything else you choose to share.

D.