DjangoBooks.com

Grappelli/Venuti transcriptions

edited July 2005 in Violin Posts: 3
Does anyone have any good Grappelli/Venuti/Sven/Stuff/South/gypsy transcriptions available to share or sell? I have some commercially printed ones - (i.e. Jazz Violin, Venuti's books and his printed sheet music.) If so, I'd like to get copies. Thanks

Comments

• PolkatPolkat Chico, CANew
    Tom,

You might want to check out the Jazz Violin book (not sure of that title) by Stephen Grappelli and Matt Glaser. It has a number of transcriptions of various players including Grappelli and Venuti. What Venuti books do you have?

Polkat
    Violin's swing the best!
    Thanks, I have the Glaser/Grappelli book, Venuti's Rhythm Violin and 50 Hot Solos (Both available as an ebook on this website) and seven or eight of his printed solos, i.e. Goin' Places, Satan's Holiday etc. I was hoping that someone with good transcription skills (pete martin for example) might have some of their transcriptions to share or sell.
  • PolkatPolkat Chico, CANew
    I mentioned the Grappelli/Glaser book as I have been considering buying it and have read a bit about it. Can I get your opinion on it? Thanks
    Violin's swing the best!
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    I have never heard the tune Satans holiday! does anyone have an MP3 they could post?
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • O'MalleyO'Malley New
    I was wondering if anyone had the music for "in a sentimental mood"?
    I have found the rythm and lead guitar transcriptions, but no violin.
    Any help would be great.
    thanks,
    Jack
  • stevensteven New
    I'm looking for the sheet music for Goin' Places. Does anybody have it or know where I can get it?
    Thanks,
    Steven