DjangoBooks.com

Tons of Django solos on Soundslice

13»

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Exactly it is a collective work. On Soundslice the credits are missing but on the website, the contributors are indicated. Most of the time (except for the radio sessions of 1947), I transcribed the theme and the clarinet solos while somebody else transcribed the solo of Django (either for an earlier project like Ben Givan, Denis or specifically for that project because they had spare time and offered to help).
    Anyway feel free to mp me if you want to suggest corrections
    Josechiky
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks again, Paps!!! I don't care if the tabs are 100% "correct". Probably not possible and how would we know anyway since we can't ask the man himself. I appreciate all the work I know how much it takes to put transcriptions together. Personally I don't use transcriptions note for note for a whole solo anyway I just use bits and pieces for ideas and then I usually change them to try to make them my own and easier to remember that way anyway. I'm not ever going to be able to duplicate Django's solos note for note I just like to use transcriptions for inspiration so to speak. I've done transcriptions in the past that maybe had the pitches right but the fingerings were all wrong and then I come back to them later and figure out a more likely/easy fingering but who knows how Django actually did it especially with 2 fingers. Heck most of it I can't do with 4 :-)
    Josechiky
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 13
    On gypsy jazz forums people looking for transcriptions,techniques and theory for years.Today we have possibility to use and share it on soundslice for example.But there is other problem.Why I can't simply get into a tab and correct error I hear and see?? Isn't this way to do more simple and faster good work?I don't want and like to spent my time sending PM and so on..Other thing I would like to see is free option to create and print PDF tabs also with better graffic standards.Why because my eyes prefer paper more than screen.
    Hope I am not bitching so much someones soul,if you feel that way my sincere apologies,all I do is forum talk and find solutions.I call it "help".
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited February 2018 Posts: 936
    @PapsPier

What a Great Time to be Alive...

Thank You
    BucoJosechiky
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    edited February 2018 Posts: 426
    Hi Great Bohemian,
    as I said before, the Soundslice transcriptions is just the cherry on top of a larger project dedicated to the New Quintett/the Quintett with clarinet. Soundslice is really thought as a numeric tool, not to be printed I think. If you have suggestions for Soundslice, you can contact Adrian Holovaty, he is really reactive and eager to improve this tool.

Please check the website, you will find links to download all the transcriptions with TuxGuitar. Once you download, it is all yours. Change, correct, edit, print in whatever format you like.
    Here is the link
    djangonewquintettclarinet.wordpress.com/
    Josechiky
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,319
    Paps, as the kids say these days....'word'

thanks again, really appreciate the effort. Soooo much great info. I can't really say it enough. Such an amazing project you have going there and so glad you are doing it.

It's really up to the individual to take it, run with it, put the time in the 'shed', and make it their own.
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    Yeah thanks again @PapsPier . I've really enjoyed the write ups on every song. Merci beaucoup!
    pickitjohn