DjangoBooks.com

guitars in nyc?

2»

Comments

• aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    tried rodrigo shopis' guitars today and was blown away. they're very resonant and produce a wide spectrum of overtones. beautiful finish as well. they have the largest sweet spot on any guitar i've tried. you can really dig in near the bridge and it still sounds warm.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    HI everyone-
    so . . . Long island show- anyone see any strings there for me?
    The pigalle at rudys is a nice box- and well priced . . .There's also a few others around - try carmine street guitars- he's usually got some gitanes.
    I spent about an hour yesterday at rodrigos shop- playing the new guitars . . .they are amazing! really authentic sound; great finish, and unlike most places he understands what players need (action, sound, all that). an amazing maker, and a gentleman. the 14 fret D hole tempted me - so loud and great sound . . just great (keep in mind I usually play a seven string- other guitars don't often intrest me!). He's a fantastic builder.
    So M.B. when are we going to see you at a sesion?
    Ben
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    I definitely gotta try out Rodrigo's guitars...bbwood, exactly what session are you talking about?
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    edited May 2006 Posts: 80
    Ok I played a cheap $400 cordoba gitane (Edit: Seems to be a DG-255 from pictures, though they didn't list it on the guitar) at guitar center today. Jammed on it for a good half hour or so, and honestly it wasn't that bad. It felt nice but sounded like a regular acoustic guitar. I wasn't getting that nasal sound I hear on CDs and DVDs. Any word on this thing?
  • just the bassplayerjust the bassplayer Huntington, NYNew
    MimorBlues:

I'll send you a private message on this subject about a D-500

Michael Hayes
    I have owned a glorious D-hole instrument made by Roderigo Shopis since August 2003, & can honestly say that , for tone, volume, & impeccable craftsmanship, I feel it blows away all the other Selmer-style guitars out there. It is totally inspiring to play, & is well worth the price (which is comparable to what the other top builders charge).
    Roderigo's guitars are built from premium tonewoods, light in weight, & with a very thin vintage type finish, which I think is responsible for the amazing sound they produce. The vibe & appearance is like that of a master-built antique instrument.
    His repair/restoration work is equally fine...I have sent him several instruments, an old Italian bowl-backed mandolin in need of a new top, and a turn-of-the-century Vega Tubaphone banjo missing half of the intricate purfling around the rim of the pot. In both cases, the restoration was tasteful, & virtually undetectable.
    Serious players need look no further. Roderigo's shop is at :

98 Charlton St., Apt. 10
    NY,NY
    212-675-4905

his guitars can be seen on the web at: <ithacastring.com>