DjangoBooks.com

Lollo Meier Group - a technique PhD in just over a minute.

Comments

• When I click on the video I get "doesn't exist" message
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    When I click on the video I get "doesn't exist" message

Not surprising - that post is almost ten years old.
  • ROFL
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Wow. The internetz-postz... they live a long time!!

If I remember correctly, it was a video of Lollo & his group warming up. It was a very informal setting. They played about a minute of China Boy and then Lollo raises his hand and says: "OK - we're ready." or something like that. There wasn't much GJ on youtube then (odd to think about that) so even these little snippets were like gold. There are a few vids of Lollo and Fapy playing in Samoreau that are in the same spirit as the original video. Oh hell, I'll just go find one...

And happy 10th Djangobooks to all the old farts who've been on Djangobooks long enough to have read this post the first time around ;-)

t-bird
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Thanks @Bob Holo I missed this first time around by a year.
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    The china boy video ( hope it uploaded correctly) is by far my favorite example of Lollo's playing. Having seen him live quite a few times now, the magic has worn off, as he plays the same composed solos over every single song every single time. I think he's starting to loosen up and try to improvise these days, but the dude is seriously stressed when he's on the spot trying to put everything in the exact same place every time.
    t-bird
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Wow.... from the way-back machine... that is indeed the video. And now it'll survive here despite the vagaries of youtube. Good on 'ya!
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 Posts: 274
    Now if anyone can come up with the video of Fapy and Stochelo playing China boy in Neuen, that would be something. It looked like it was recorded off of someone's tv, but Fapy is amazing in that one.. circa 1990. Disappeared from youtube a few years ago
    t-bird
    Having seen him live quite a few times now, the magic has worn off, as he plays the same composed solos over every single song every single time. I think he's starting to loosen up and try to improvise these days, but the dude is seriously stressed when he's on the spot trying to put everything in the exact same place every time.

Really? That seems odd for a guy with that much experience, albums and live shows. They all have their "devices", flashy tricks that they pull out from time to time.
    But note for note, really?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    In the future if you want to save vids off of Youtube for your own collection you can download them by pasting the Youtube link into Keepvid.com and then right click on the video and 'save as' to your computer.
    Bucot-birdScoredogCharles Meadows