DjangoBooks.com

new 'DJANGO" film

Comments

• spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    PapsPier wrote: »
    Spud for the good biopics I would say Bird by Eastwood and Round Midnight by Tavernier. I think that the thought process of these movies could have been applied to Django (but it is not really the trend in biopics these days)
    thanks Paps , yes i didnt like BIRD much either but i have never seen Round midnight
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    hm, disagree that all music biopics are bad... here are a few I've enjoyed:

shine (david helfgott)
    walk the line (johnny cash)
    amadeus (...mozart)
    ray (...charles)
    la vie en rose (edith piaf)

of course there are some really bad ones too, which I'll leave unnamed .. :)
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    "Round Midnight" is a good film but we must notice that it is based on Bud Powell life who was a pianist and not a tenor sax player, but Dexter Gordon is a great musician... The Studio reconstitution of Paris street are a true joke...

"Bird" is based on Ross Russell book on Parker and is not accurate chronologically and is also partially invented (but tks to Ross Russell we have had the excellent Dial recording sessions of 1946)...

The film on Django is said to be also highly fictionnal
  • Insightful comment @stuart
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    I just hope they will tell the truth about where the name Django came from.
    pickitjohn
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Buco wrote: »
    I just hope they will tell the truth about where the name Django came from.

If we haven't solved this by now, we may never have our "rosebud" moment.
    Buco
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Hey some pictures and a video about the casting are presented here
    http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/rhone-alpes/67e-berlinale-django-tourne-rhone-alpes-fera-ouverture-1166957.html

The pictures are pretty nice
    Buco
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    edited January 2017 Posts: 155
    I'm not expecting a lot from this film being that part of it is based on a book from what I understand. What frustrates me is why they don't tell the real story in biopics. Film studio's or backers always feel the need to ham it up or glamourize things but Django, I mean what a story? The truth is almost impossible to believe.
    t-birdTeddy DupontConorF
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Totally agree with you Mickey: the main events of Django life (without even talking about all the crazy stories/details we can read in biographies) are a legend!
    Micky Dunne
  • Truth is often stranger than fiction. I have seen too many movies that are based on a real happening but become one dimensional parodies of the characters to have my hopes up but I will watch it anyway and hope.
    Micky Dunne
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed