DjangoBooks.com

In The Style Of Stochelo videos reissued with TAAABs

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
Hi folks, I purchased the rights to the Stochelo Rosenberg videos originally published by HyperHip Media.

For those who don't know, I was the producer of those videos , but that was the extent of my involvement. HyperHip is a complete separate business from mine. They're no longer doing this stuff, so I purchased the rights to the videos.

I will be re-issuing them sometime in November, and transcriptions will be added eventually. I've already finished transcribing all lesson examples.

The good news is that they will be a whole lot cheaper than ever before, and the even better news is that on the day of release for a very short period of time, they will be on super sale. This is because I know that many people bought the DVDs already and I don't want anyone to feel ripped off. However, because Hyper Hip was not my business, I don't have access to sufficient detailed sales info, and it would take me days if not months to work out the logistics of getting everyone who already purchased the DVDs access to everything. Furthermore, I paid a pretty hefty price to acquire the rights to these videos. So I hope this compromise is OK for most people.

All this to say, that for a very short period of time, these videos will be on MASSIVE discount: 9.99$ Canadian (roughly 7 US or 7 euros) per volume. Each volume has 20 songs that will be transcribed. The second volume has the 8 waltzes. When I have time, I can add the backing tracks to the waltzes.

I will announce the release date shortly, most likely sometime in the second week of November or so.

I am very happy to now have the trinity of GJ on my website: Bireli, Angelo, and Stochelo! And of course, Adrien Moignard, Yorgui Loeffler, Tcha Limberger, Sebastien Giniaux, Antoine Boyer, etc. etc.
BarkonatorScoredogBillDaCostaWilliamsbuddyboyPacko

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Thanks! Me having Stochelo at DCMS has nothing to do with profit because everyone interested in Stochelo already has the DVDs. I paid a hefty price for the distribution rights just to be able to say that I have Stochelo, Angelo and Bireli!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    As the owner of a stack of your old DVDs, I'm happy to have the opportunity to buy them in a form that I can actually use because multipartite instructional DVDs are a PITA to convert into a useable modern form.

DVD conversion into something with similar usability requires parsing the file system, de-muxing and re-muxing the A/V which is spanned across arbitrarily large .VOB files, and repackaging it in a flash container (itself a rapidly obsolescing standard) or busting it into separate videos and identifying and assembling them into a playlist. (shudder) Just thinking about doing it is more effort than I am comfortable expending on it. Lol.

DVDs were sure rocket science back in the day, but as a form of media, they didn't age well. If you can make those vids usable again - then good on 'ya.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    I've got what I think is the original or first "Jazz Manouche: In The Style of Stochelo Rosenberg." I wasn't aware of the other volumes, but am glad to hear about them and this new opportunity. Like Bob, did a few work arounds like recording an MP3 section from the DVD to use it on Soundslice in order to learn the solo bit I wanted. Looking forward to this great solution for better access to the material.
  • db5db5 New
    Tremendous. Congrats. Will pick these up!
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Ace, Dennis.
    I also have one of the originals. Thought it was excellent but the format wasn't too convenient. Looking forward to taking up the offer.
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Whoops. Meant to say I use the program Audiostretch to work with the recorded MP3. By the way, AudioStretch is now my go-to program to slow down and study solos, and it also makes a great backing track player because of the easy control setup. It does the best job of slowing down tracks without a lot of "noise."
  • bucoobucoo Minneapolis John Le Voi D Hole
    Any new updates on this release, Denis? It sounds like a great deal and I definitely don't want to miss out!
    I planned on releasing it today, but i need another week to set the page upproperly; some emergency work related stuff came up that required immediate attention this week

I'll plan on releasing it on the 19th. I will definitely post here a few days before to confirm!!
    Hello folks, will be releasing the stochelo lessons tomorrow at 10am montreal time , and the suuuuuper discount will run the entire weekend until 10pm sunday (montreal time)
    BarkonatorBillDaCostaWilliamsbucoo
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @dennis

or anyone knowing the LINK to this please post, I didn't find it.
    I do have the HyperHip Media set.
    Hello folks, will be releasing the stochelo lessons tomorrow at 10am montreal time , and the suuuuuper discount will run the entire weekend until 10pm sunday (montreal time)

Clock is Ticking away...