DjangoBooks.com

Trade picks?

woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
in Classifieds Posts: 227
I have a bunch of picks that I would happily trade with anyone that has and does not use Wegen Gyspy Jazz 3.5 mm. If you are interested, drop me a line and I will tell you what I have to trade.

Comments

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Do you have wegen 2.5
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    Fraid not, but thanks for asking.
  • whatcha got for trade
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    edited November 2016 Posts: 227
    Here is what I have: Top, Manouche picks 2 MM
    Center row, all 3.5 MM: Wegen Mandolin style, Wegen twin, two each, smaller version of the Gypsy Jazz Pick
    Bottom row, all 3.0 mm: two horn picks, coconut shell, rosewood, Manouche Little Jazz

Anything look interesting to you?

• edited November 2016 Posts: 3,707
    Hmmm. Went back and measured. My two Wegen GJ's are 2.5 mm Havent used them for almost a decade
    So what is your drug of choice these days?
  • Blue Chip Large Jazz with tri point tip (custom made) I used the Kenny Smith for a while but as my rhythm stroke gets more and more delicate I find I prefer the sound of a less rounded tip and its much better on lead
    Huh, guess the Wegens were not expensive enough, eh? =) What thickness are you using?
    I weeded out my drawer pretty well. Otherwise the one Manouche that you have is pretty much how I like them, with rounded tip in 2mm or less. Only have left what I really like: couple of Blue Chip and Manouche (Djangojazz).
    Plus some mass made picks that I kept as spares but I don't think you meant those.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • My current blue chips are 2mm