DjangoBooks.com

1934 Selmer Petite Bouche Transitional Model

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    This is about as good as it gets! :-bd
    SOLD :O

What would be nice is if the new owner lends it to someone to record an album or a few songs.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Buco wrote: »
    SOLD :O

What would be nice is if the new owner lends it to someone to record an album or a few songs.

He just may....he's that sort of guy! Either way, he's over the moon. This was about the best Selmer anyone could ever hope for. The tone is sublime...

Buco
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,252

Good for him. He should be over the moon.

That guitar was... how to put it.

Yeah, um... No words. Not even going to try.

Well, OK - here's one word that seems apropos... "Congratulations!"

:-)
    Buco
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    I played a guitar like this in Knoxville around 15 years ago. Is this that same guitar?
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,252
    scot wrote: »
    I played a guitar like this in Knoxville around 15 years ago. Is this that same guitar?

It might be. There probably aren't many. Short scale with 12 to the body and a petit-style fingerboard without an extension giving you a total of 19 frets, so it's definitely transitional. It has the prettiest voice. I don't mean that as a backhanded-compliment-codeword for "not powerful". Far from that, it's plenty powerful and it sounds Selmer down to the bone. But the voice is also... pretty. It's pure & dark, but with some edge to it. I go back and forth on whether I should build one. I'd love to, but people can be such traditionalists on the expectation of scale & fret count. This is among the nicest sounding Selmers I've played, and it took, what, a year to sell? Though perhaps some of that is simply that the air is rarified when the price-tag goes into the upper echelons. It's not like every person you meet on the street could justify buying one regardless of desire to do so. I came close though. Second time that's happened. But at the end of the day, I don't play much anymore and it would bring me more joy to build it than own it - so - C'est La Vie.
    alton
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • terrassierterrassier France
    Yep -I wish I could build myself a holo ;)
    BucopickitjohnNejc
  • Pompe_ojisanPompe_ojisan Tokyo✭✭ Rino van Hooijdonk
    to @Bob Holo
    Definitely meddling with things that are none of my business, but if you think there is something special to this design, giving it a shot sounds like the way to go. You’re probably part of the very few luthiers that can (gently...) nudge players into new directions, on top of providing for established tastes...