DjangoBooks.com

New live videos with Barault and AJL Gypsy Fire

bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
We had a really cool change to do a live concert on february. The venue was really good acoustically so we could use really good studio microphones (AEA N22, AKG 414) for our guitars (Barault and AJL Gypsy Fire). We got the audio files for each instrument so we mixed the final audio track for these videos. The sound was really good on live also. Just wanted to share these videos because I'm really satisfied with these soundwise and also the playing isn't that bad either :) I hope you like these also!

The group is:
Tomi Kettunen (me) - Barault
Aki Hauru - AJL Gypsy Fire
Tero Tuovinen - double bass

Jardin d'Hiver:

Bossa Dorado:

Les Yeux Noir:

Paquito:
AppelBillDaCostaWilliamsPetrovDaveycJim KaznoskyTeddy DupontMikkoKarhula

Comments

• edited December 2017 Posts: 4,735
    Wait which one is you?
    That was great! From everyone!
    Mix is very good but on my speakers the bass is too hot, distorting a little bit and also muddying up the guitars some.
    Really, real great performance though and Jardin is one of my favorite tunes.

PS the sound is great, my stupid laptop has a software to "improve" the sound, when I turned it off, it sounded great.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 Posts: 872
    Enjoyed also, it also fuels the argument "do you need to float your left hand?" I don't know who's who but the gentlemen on our left, stage right, anchors like an electric guitarist and is obviously musical. To say that won't work in a jam I don't know, and is that the ultimate goal?, but in most criteria I believe he'll do fine, though he obviously phrases less like a GJazzer.
    bluetrain
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    Thanks! I'm on the right.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    very nice Bluetrain, beautiful tone to your playing.
    bluetrain
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    Obviously you could not do it but it would have been interesting if you had swapped guitars since your techniques are quite different.

• AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    Those videos are wonderful, really beautiful. Great playing, and the sound is clear, if a little heavy on the bass on my simple system, as well - probably would be better over good speakers. Would love to see you guys live sometime.

... One "like"? From me? What's with you guys? Is there something wrong with your mouse? Or are you just thoughtless and rude? Give these players some "likes"!

But I guess if comments on technique are acceptable in the face of such fine performances and production, why bother with the simple graces?
    bluetrain
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,231
    Calling people thoughtless and rude because they didn't follow some silly convention of clicking "like" is a bit much.
    ZAK76
    Everybody gets a like, Appel for speaking his mind, Jim for standing up for us non-likers and the guys for awesome camera angles and Aki's wicked cool shoes.
    By the way, you Fins don't even leave your room looks like unless you're world class, everyone I hear from Finland just kicks ass.
    Ànd bass is fine, I just listened again on the headphones and it's perfect. There was something going on with my speakers before.
    bluetrainJim KaznoskywimBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Buco wrote: »
    Everybody gets a like, Appel for speaking his mind, Jim for standing up for us non-likers and the guys for awesome camera angles and Aki's wicked cool shoes.
    By the way, you Fins don't even leave your room looks like unless you're world class, everyone I hear from Finland just kicks ass.
    Ànd bass is fine, I just listened again on the headphones and it's perfect. There was something going on with my speakers before.

Haha. Thanks! Did you notice that Aki's wicked shoes are same color as his tie? Very important! We Fins leave the house for only two reasons: to fight with polar bears and occasionally play a gig somewhere in the middle of nowhere :))
    DaveycBucoShmockiebabyMikkoKarhula
    edited March 2016 Posts: 156
    Scoredog wrote: »
    Obviously you could not do it but it would have been interesting if you had swapped guitars since your techniques are quite different.

We do this many times while practising and I have to say that the guitars are totally different beasts and needs a different playing styles. Barault has a lot of bass that can be muddy if the player doesn't adjust to it. I guess every guitar needs a different way of playing to make them really sing!