DjangoBooks.com

"Rose Room" Django 1937 with 2 fingers !!

in Technique Posts: 220
Hey guys, it was Django's birthday last weekend !!

here is a little tribute to the master, with his own technique !!

https://www.facebook.com/rvuillemin/videos/10153970201881189/?l=8566126987545613645

Romain
A GentChrisMartinAppelScoredog

Comments

• terrassierterrassier France
    Bravo :)
    Thank you terrassier !!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Romain!!! Viva Django!!!
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Romain, did you always play like that with two fingers? So you worked out how Django played? I have your 'Swinging In Paris' CD which is great, is that all played with two fingers too? Sounds great anyway!
  • AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016 Posts: 78
    Fantastic! Beautifully played and an instructive demonstration - a thousand thanks to you for your hard work.

Great sounding guitar as well, by the way. - oh, I see from your other thread, it's an early Vieille Reserve. Wonderful!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Very cool, Romain! A birthday present that he would've enjoyed ;-)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    that's cool...nice to see it played that way.
    Romain, did you always play like that with two fingers? So you worked out how Django played? I have your 'Swinging In Paris' CD which is great, is that all played with two fingers too? Sounds great anyway!

Hey Chris, i'm glad that you like the cd !!
    well no, i only play sometimes with 2 fingers just for fun, on medium tempo just to see how it is like, but i never practised it ! all the cd is with 4 fingers !!
    I like to play j'attendrai with 2 fingers in concert, after explaining the audience that Django 's caravan has burnt
    Appel wrote: »
    Fantastic! Beautifully played and an instructive demonstration - a thousand thanks to you for your hard work.

Great sounding guitar as well, by the way. - oh, I see from your other thread, it's an early Vieille Reserve. Wonderful!

Thanks !! yes it's my new guitar, but i'm also still in love with my Bob Holo, i 've recorded the album with it by the way, she sounds great !!

Bob Holo wrote: »
    Very cool, Romain! A birthday present that he would've enjoyed ;-)

Cheers Bob, hope you're doing well !!!