DjangoBooks.com

Peche A la Mouche Deluxe Amp

ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 55
Peche A la Mouche Deluxe Amp, mint condition, barely used and never gigged. First one in North America. Comes with gig bag. Paid $2300, asking $1800.

Details:

The "Deluxe" model is built of plain-flame maple or basswood (tulipwood), while the front is made of multi-layer wood. This is covered with precious wood, such as bird's-eye maple, plane tree or walnut.

Specifications:
Power 6 watts RMS (approximately 25 watts)
8" Speaker made by "Weber speakers" with ALNICO magnets
Two inputs high and low impedances (6.35 jacks)
Power and tone adjustements
Input and outupt (jacks 3.5/mono)
Point to point wired
Weight 7,2 kg for the"Deluxe" and 7,8 kg for the "Daphné"
Dimensions : Heigh 38.5cm / Large 33cm / Depth 14cm
Tubes: one 6CA4 / one EL84 / one 12AX7 or 12AT7

Comments

• ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    This amp is still available. New Price: $1500.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I love these amps, but I wonder why your price 2300 was so high. You can buy these brand new from the official site for €1150, which is 1490 USD ... even Michael's new price is marked up 50% (!). Is it some problem of getting the product from Switzerland into the USA ?
    new price: $1600
    John418
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    with shipping and
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    I love these amps, but I wonder why your price 2300 was so high. You can buy these brand new from the official site for €1150, which is 1490 USD ... even Michael's new price is marked up 50% (!). Is it some problem of getting the product from Switzerland into the USA ?

Shipping + import tax
  • Is that US or Canadian funds?
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Euro is down today, 1.07 to the dollar (1226.19). You may or may not have to pay the VAT, depending upon where Peche la Mouche is located. Of course, you won't have Michael's excellent customer service if you buy direct.
    USD, sorry the price is $1500 and this includes the gig bag... It is indeed the shipping and duty that drives the price up.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    dennis wrote: »
    Shipping + import tax

Amplifiers has an import duty rate of 4.9%. Shippping is 140 USD (confirmed with the seller). Amp is 1250 EUR / 1320 USD on official site.

So that looks like (1320 + 140)*1.049 = 1532 USD brand new.

Where does the missing $600 + go? This doesn't add up for me...
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    He s in canada btw not usa, and ifhe bought from usa he ll still have to pay extra on top of what the american distributor paid
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The prices for the Peche amps were set around 2008 when the dollar was much weaker and the manufacturer was charging more. Honestly, I don't think we've sold one since that time so the pricing was never adjusted.