DjangoBooks.com

Taping a lavalier mic to the guitar?

Hey folks,

I am playing a gig tomorrow and I borrowed lavalier mic (Audio Technica Pro 70, Link: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/e6f7342e8d1ceed3/) from a buddy. I'll plug the mic into a guitar amp using an XLR-Clinch adapter. In order to avoid feedback I am looking to get a strong signal and I'd like to get the mic as close to the soundhole as possible. I am playing a Gitane DG-500. The problem is that I can't seem to find a good spot on hole, which would allow me to get the mic closer than 10 cm to the strings. I use the standard "plug-on-thingy" that comes with the mic (the one with the green velvet).

I thought about taping the mic to the guitar. I have seen that being done by some people. So I am wondering if people could give me advice on whether this is at all a good idea, where to tape it and what type of tape to use -- I'd like to avoid damaging the finish. I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed :) Thanks!

Best,
Lennart

Comments

• My DuPont has a lavalier mic (plus a Macintyre feather) inside the sound box. Sounds great. The mic is about halfway between the bridge and the sound hole. About an inch below the soundboard.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed