DjangoBooks.com

Interview with Paulus Schäfer

DjangoBooksDjangoBooks Seattle✭✭✭ All of them!
edited September 2015 in Welcome Posts: 446
imageInterview with Paulus Schäfer

Caption: Photo by Irene Ypenberg By Barry Wahrhaftig Translated by Irene Ypenburg Paulus Schäfer, born March 31, 1978, is based in the Gerwen/ Nunen area of the Netherlands. Paulus is one of the top young Gypsy talents in The Netherlands. He grew up in the same camp as Stochelo Rosenberg, Jimmy...

Read the full story here

Tagged:
BucoNone

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Nice interview, thanks Barry!
    HCPhilly
  • Yes ...interesting comments on their learning process.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    BTW: Barry Wahrhaftig, who interviewed Paulus Schäfer for this article, is the founder and lead guitarist for the Hot Club of Philadelphia. The Hot Club of Philadelphia is scheduled to appear Friday, September 11, at the Midwest Gypsy Swing Fest in Madison, Wisconsin.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Interesting thoughts from a great guitarist, thanks to Barry and Irene.
    always learning
    This reinforces what Paulus taught us at the Sinti Jazz Camp workshops. I just happened to be practicing All of Me, so the accomanying video was right on the mark, as well as being a great pleasure to listen to!
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Thank you very much for this interview Barry!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Great work, Barry! Paulus is one of the nicest people ever in a music full of a lot nice people. One of my favorite days ever was listening to Paulus record song after song on my vintage guitars (see above for a sample)! It was for days like that that I made homes for them. Hope to see you in Madison next month! It's been a long time now since my Philly days, hanging out with you and the HCP.
    Buco
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Many thanks for the interview and video.