DjangoBooks.com

Need to try out a manouche style guitar in Portland, OR

woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
I have gotten serious GAS but as much as I like the Django sound, I have had to opportunity to actually play a manouche style guitar. If there was someone in Portland that wouldn't mind me taking a quick bit of playing time on their instrument, I would really appreciate it. Far as I can tell, none of the stores round here stock this type of guitar.
Thanks
Dana

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @woodamand There are lots of Gypsy players in Portland so I'm sure you'll find a guitar to try. You're also welcome to drive up here to Seattle and check out what I have here (over 100 guitars!)

Michael
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    I think it would take me a bit to try out all of your 100 guitars Michael - but I would be up to the challenge! Buts its a long drive for sure.Hopefully I can scare someone up down here, since I figured most of them would be hip to this forum.
    thx!
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    stuart wrote: »
    If I was 3 hours drive from one of the best gypsy guitar collections in the world, including the ultra rare transitional Selmer, I'd be straight on the road.
    Me too, what are you waiting for? Just to be able to compare Altamiras, Duponts and Gitanes side by side would be worth the price of the gas - and then there is the vintage stuff !!

MichaelHorowitzrichter4208Stringswinger
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    edited June 2015 Posts: 98
    well I dont know exactly how much distance is from portland to seattle, but I can tell you that the day I went to buy my guitar I drove over 600km, and I dont regret a thing! And considering that I have done all that for just 1 guitar, I guess you dont have too much to think if you have over 100 guitars to test!
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Drive, you need to try out the guitars!
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Just had to check this post to see for myself if what you're saying is true. You live within three hours of Michael and 100 guitars and you have not made it there yet? I would venture to say just about anyone on this forum would trade places with you.

So, we send you this collective dope slap and suggest the following: Drive to Seattle Friday, rest, and then go on Saturday and visit Michael and his unbelievable collection of instruments. Then, write about your experience for the majority of us will never be lucky enough to do what you have done (and can do again!).
    pickitjohnBuco
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Or whatever day he's open! Go!