DjangoBooks.com

Buying a Guitar in France

I'm looking for a Dupont Nomade specifically due to the bolt on removable neck for ease of travel. Pros seem to be the dollar is doing well over the Euro, I can try it out while there, my wife is agreeable to the idea; cons could be travel hassle, airlines, customs etc. Anyone done this before?

Comments

• t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    I am planning a trip to Paris (Castelluccia) for the same reasons (including wife). I've done some searches and haven't found much. Any feedback much appreciated.
  • harryeharrye Australia✭✭✭ Antoine Prabel / Olivier Marin
    Highly recommend checking out Guitare Village in Domont to anyone visiting Paris, and looking for a Jazz Manouche guitar.

They have the largest range of luthiers and guitars to try (apart from the Samois festival, but they do have an actual room of just gypsy jazz guitars). You can see some of these on their website but I think they only update the site monthly so it's best just to go in and try a bunch. They have used and new instruments. The main dude in the shop is Olivier and he speaks perfect English.

http://www.guitare-village.com/

You can get to Domont from Paris easily by catching a train from one of the central stations, its about 15 mins or so, then a 20 minute walk from the station.

Hope this helps anyone looking to buy an instrument in or around Paris. :)
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Second that recommendation. The biggest and the best !