DjangoBooks.com

Can anyone recommend a good version of Nuages with vocals?

Cameron JonesCameron Jones Sydney Australia
in Repertoire Posts: 23
Does anyone have a favourite vocal version of this tune?

Comments

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Really don't like the "bluest kind of blue" English lyrics. There are a couple of French sets of lyrics I think. The ones La Mauvaise Réputation use are these, from Lucienne Delyle, and Yves Montand (see below). Most of the sheet music we found researching it had a different set of lyrics that I can't just now remember having heard.

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Fleur de Paris in the UK have a great version. Her voice is heavenly!
    bohemewarbler
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Here you go:

bohemewarbler
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I remember back in the 1970's when Toronto guitarist David Wilcox sang a parody version that went something like this:

"I love to sit on my garage
    And watch the nuages go by!
    A kaleidoscope collage,
    Those nuages in the sky!"

"And then I put on my corsage.
    And then I take out my garbage…"

Sorry, that's as much as I can remember, but I think you get the idea...

pickitjohn
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    edited April 2015 Posts: 527
    Ziroli Winterstein recorded a version with female singer Helen Sachs, who sang german lyrics. The lyrics were once written by the famous singer Bully Buhlan and the song was called "Eines Tages werden wir uns wiederseh'n". Ziroli's CD is called "Green and Orange". You can find this CD on german ebay quite often.
    Jon
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015 Posts: 457
    I thought this one was worth sharing as the solo is a copy of Django's issued 1940 solo, but sung:

Also starring Stochelo Rosenberg and Stéphane Grappelli

• Just don't use the English lyrics

"See the white and fluffy clouds etc." talk about words and music being on a different page. What was the lyricist thinking.....no names no pack drill
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 10
    I'll plug my group: Excuse the cheesiness of the text- I pieced this together for a wedding show.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,665
    Here's one by Raquel Bitton. She breaks into a bit of English lyric at the end, but it's mostly in French.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Carlo GentenaarCarlo Gentenaar The Netherlands✭✭ John Le Voi