DjangoBooks.com

I thought Denis Chang was joking about rockers having gypsy guitars.

Comments

• murrayatuptownmurrayatuptown Holland, MI✭✭
    I guess he was serious...at least partially.
  • Michael  LevitMichael Levit Ukraine
    And it seems to me like it's original Selmer...
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see a rocker not abuse a gypsy guitar but instead understand nuances.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,252

I love it.

The guy has achieved a level of success and yet maintained the open mind, discipline & love for music that put him where he is.

That's a good recipe for long-term happiness. More power to him.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Rick Vito had a Joseph di Mauro heart hole for quite a while. I've played it, and it isn't bad. Mick Taylor has a Selmer Hawaiian, which he used for slide on some Stones tunes. Jeff Beck has a plastic Maccaferri. Clapton has a Selmer. Lyle Lovett has a round-hole Selmer, last I heard. I'm sure there are more. And I didn't even count John Jorgenson, who, lest we forget, has made a good career as a rocker with Elton John and the Hellcasters. There are some other guys, but I am old and forget things a lot these days...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
    That's good that Guitar Center put that up but it's funny because I never seen any gypsy jazz guitars at any of the local GC stores...ever
  • murrayatuptownmurrayatuptown Holland, MI✭✭
    edited February 2015 Posts: 59
    Even in Elderly Instruments, I've only seen a couple...Gitane or something lower end...unless they had them upstairs in the secret vault with the Dopyera Family collection (I saw that in the catalog...maybe it sold).
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    "Those these guys, like Django Reinhardt, stud of the earth, worked out this big band sound"
    Did I hear that right? Sounds like he gets DR's place in the pantheon however he says it.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Here's another couple of metalcore studs doing their thing with a Selmac guitar. :-)
    Buco
    Oh what balls of sprinkled on happiness.
    He couldn't even finger sync his one note solo.

In the original video I appreciate his message but he could sure work on his tone a little.
    pickitjohnrenzokShemi
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel