DjangoBooks.com

Real Gypsy Jazz Tracks Band in a Box ANY THOUGHTS?

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
in Repertoire Posts: 936
Just thought I'd see if anyone is using BIAB with the Real Gypsy Jazz Tracks.

Real Track sets 109, 110, 128, 129

Real Artist include...
Gonzalo Bergara, John Jorgenson, Simon Planting, Tim Kliphuis

Any hands on experience, thoughts, suggestions?

How about loading an MP3 of something you put together using these Real Track Sets

Thanks pickitjohn

Comments

• PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    I've recently purchased BIAB and the a few of the real tracks sets for GJ. I must say, it beats playing with a MIDI sounding guitar! I'm still new using the program, so I'll let others give a more solid opinion.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    The New BIAB 2015 Windows only is just out and on special right now.
    If you were to get the Ultra plus upgrade it was $154.00 TO THE DOOR
    it has the Gypsy Jazz real tracks included.

I took an old BIAB file and added real tracks

Rhythm, John Jorgenson
    Lead, Gonzalo
    Bass, Simon Planting

30 Days to check it out.

So far its been fun and surprising after only hearing midi files.
    :peace:
  • I have had the original GJ real tracks for a few years. Good practice and learning aid....trade 4's with GB now I suspect though which would be a great learning tool. The computer still gets the phrasing a little stilted but they work
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    One of the guitars (Gonzalo?) buzzes terribly on some chords. I always mute it. Very poor quality control from Biab. Perhaps they think it sounds 'authentic'......

Sp
  • It's probably the computer trying to emulate that sound
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
    Where can those BITB real tracks can be obtained from? I got the BITB "complete collection" from here but it only contains MIDI files?
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited December 2014 Posts: 936
    @DragonPL
    The Real Tracks started in 2008 check your version.
    The Gypsy Jazz Real Tracks I think were first available in 2011 You have to choose a real track STYLE to have the real track sound.
    If you check the following page the Ultra Plus Pack will have the Gypsy Jazz Files plus many more.
    If you purchase the upgrade from 2014 version it is on sale for $139.00 instead of $469.00.
    It is a stand alone Version ( Everything you need is on an external hard Drive)
    This is there once a year sale till December 31 2014. Windows Version only it includes features the Mac Version doesn't. BIAB 2015 for Mac comes out mid year.
    http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

:peace:
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    I found this link online: http://www.fbbts.com/gypsyjazz/Tunes.html

This guy has generated the Realtracks, and posts them with an interface to slow down or speed up the tracks right on the site. He has a nice collection and posts them for free. A great opportunity to hear what they sound like without buying.
    pickitjohn