DjangoBooks.com

1969 Jacques Favino Enrico Macias (Owned by Tchan Tchou Vidal)

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I took the time to meet Michael when I went to Chicago a few weeks ago and of course he was gracious enough to entertain me and I got to play a plethora of Michael's guitar collection. As a relatively new GJ player it was an enlightening experience and Michael was a wonderful host. I realized he knows a lot more about vintage GJ guitars than I know or probably ever will, with that in mind I was the guy who purchased 2 guitars because I trust his sensibilities. If you ever have the chance to take Michael up on his offer to play his guitars I highly recommend it. He is generous not only of his time but of his guitar knowledge.
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    Very cool. What did you buy?
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I bought an old French guitar called a Couesnon (50's-60's). Spuce top and Maple back and sides. It is a very simple tone and super loud. The other guitar is a Nylon Shoppis D hole I'll use as a flamenco/gypsy guitar.
    Oh I did play a Couesnon last year. Loved what was coming out of it. It was so easy to hear myself in the jam with about 10 other vintage and also loud instruments in the room. You got got some nice guitars.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    I've gotta get to Django in June one of these years to try out some other good GJ guitars.

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Buco, was that my Couesnon you played last year?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    It sure was! I really liked that guitar.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    edited June 2014 Posts: 1,002
    Same one Craig bought. I liked it too. When I found it, it was in the corner in a room with six Selmers, six Busatos, and assorted other vintage guitars. That little Couesnon stood out! Little guitar, huge sound!
    Buco
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    I stopped by Michael's place today.
    After coming home having played all those wonderful instruments, this is the one my mind wonders towards when I think back.
    It holds a pirates loot of music within.
    pickitjohn
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited June 2014 Posts: 936
    Que reste-t-il de nos amours live from 1985 Thanks! @scot

not sure if the sound file loaded, hope it did

Perhaps someone will KNOW if That Guitar is what Tchan Tchou Vidal is playing.

@Buco I find this guitar on my mind Daily, glad you also got to stop by @Michael Bauer

pick on

pickitjohn :peace: