Swing Gitan
Django's Castle
J'attandei
Django's tiger

Cheers and feel free to comment.

Anthony

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Well done OMP. The link might need a little help. Is that Oakland, CA? If so, maybe I can come to a gig sometime. Keep us informed.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    wow, thanks for sharing this Anthony... you've got a fun group there and everybody in it is a capable player who is obviously committed to the authentic GJ style; no annoying overtones of bluegrass or rock!

I hope you guys will stay together and keep at it; having a solid nucleus of players at this level could really get a good GJ scene happening in your area.

Now all you guys have to do is keep playing together for the proverbial 10,000 hours...

Will

PS Look forward to hearing the Oakland Manouche Project at DiJ 2014...?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Sorry folks, I tried to use the youtube link button but it didn't work like I'd hoped. You will just have to copy and paste if you care to listen.

Will, thanks a lot buddy ! I hope it doesn't burst your bubble, but we may start doing some pop tunes, or at least some Tom Waits tunes.

Fact is, my goal is to combine folk/rock with gypsy jazz in an original music sense. I'm still working out the details though.

Anthony
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Okay, you [b]BASTARDS!!!![/b]

[u]Go ahead and play your Tom @#$%&+ Waits----!!![/u]

This cannot stand, man! The dude will not abide it.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Will

PS Just kidding.
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."