DjangoBooks.com

Mango Fan Django on Bastille Day, Co. Springs

edited July 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 5
Hi Eddie

My girlfriend and I enjoyed your show at La Baguette last Sunday. We came down from Lafayette to check it out, as we saw you didn't have any Denver area gigs posted coming up anytime soon. We were the couple sitting about 10 ft. away against the wall to your left.

I enjoyed your rundown and advice about the festival in France, including jamming etiquette, and the steps to take to be able to start jamming with people. I am a professional guitarist in a different genre, but got my first Django record when I was 17, and have been a fan since then. I guess I wound up in a more populated field of music because band opportunities and venues just presented themselves.

I am thinking my next move is to learn the rhythm guitar parts to a bunch of Gypsy standards, and when I have done that, look for opportunities to sit in.

Thanks,
Chuck

Comments

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Hi Chuck. Thanks the comments about our Bastille Day gig. I'm glad to hear you're interested in pursuing Gypsy jazz rhythm -- you've come to the right place to learn and get more info! Djangobooks forum has countless enthusiasts and experts generously contributing their knowledge and opinions about this musical genre. Look around. Use the "search" function, and you'll see. Tons of stuff! And super nice people. Before you know it, you'll be ready for that Gypsy Jam! I look forward to it. AE
  • I hate to do this but isn't it someones Birthday today EDDY :D Have a great one.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks Jazzaferri. It's been a great day! AE
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Half hour late...happy birthday, Eddy!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.