edited August 2013 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 6,152

Comments

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    who got the red card? :)
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yay! Order is in.

Can't wait to hear it!
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Hmmm... Most likely one of the following infractions took place... but was it Adrien or Gonzalo?

Serious foul play (a violent foul)
    Violent conduct (any other act of violence) e.g. assaulting the referee
    Spitting at another player
    Committing an offense that denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
    Using offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Il TrovatoreIl Trovatore San Jose, CANew
    Is there a place to find out where they will be playing shows?
    I would also like to order one but the site seems to be down...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Sorry, my webhost seems to be having some issues this morning. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

'm
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Brilliant cover design ;-)

It communicates the way those two play together. Their friendship and camaraderie and competitive spirits. They remind me of Federer vs. Nadal. So seeing this cover with the sports reference and the good-natured smack-talking... just brilliant.

And yes, Jeremie is there - backing them both up with equanimity - and pulling things back to center when they collide; very much the referee and occasionally the "line-judge". It's really the perfect cover - smack-talking & making jazz.

Now to get it and crank it.

Another very cool project, Andre. Big Kudos.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    noodlenot wrote:
    who got the red card? :)
    ...They both got the red card: The Argentinian for handling the ball into the opposing net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccNkksrfls

and

the Frenchman for head-butting his opponent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc

:wink:

Now where's Nobby Stiles? :mrgreen:
    Sorry, my webhost seems to be having some issues this morning. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

'm

Thanks Michael, site came back up and I ordered one! Can't wait.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Oh hell yes...

I'm on Minor Blues right now. I've heard Minor Blues 10,000 times if I've heard it once, but they've reworked it. They transition into different flavors of blues throughout the song... what a brilliantly subtle yet effective concept. I mean, there's a very strong component of the New French School in all of this, and the technical prowess and musicality is fantastic, but add to that, the fact that the album is just F*ng fun to listen to and they take a lot of opportunities to draw outside the lines. When I first heard about the concept for this album I thought: "They're doing an album of standards? Why?" but now having listened... I get it. This is groovy.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.