DjangoBooks.com

Singer's name at Django in June 2013?

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited July 2013 in Welcome Posts: 542
Hey, did anybody catch the singer's name at Django in June this past week? I'm talking about the girl who sang with Adrien/Benoit/Gonzalo, both on stage and in various evening jams.

Adrian

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited June 2013 Posts: 705
    Unfortunately, I wasn't there but was it Leah Zeger (http://www.leahzeger.com/) who plays violin and does vocals with the Gonzalo Bergara Quartet? She is memorable.
  • i really like hearing her sing
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Not Leah, this time at least. I seem to recall her first name was Ann or a variation of Ann, Anna, Anne, something that. She was great, like to know more about her and knowing her name would be a first step.

Speaking of singers at DiJ, how about little Tommy, the ~14 year old with braces playing the D-500, LEADING the after concert jam in the tent Saturday night, calling the tunes and singing every song in and out w/ a confident, swingin' baritone. His radiant smile said it all. If anyone got video of him, hope they post it.
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Craig is right, Leah didn't sing.
  • SteveGypsyJazzSteveGypsyJazz Sherman Oaks✭✭
    Speaking of singers at DIJ, who was that guy from Chicago singing that tune called "Chicago"?
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Not Leah, this time at least. I seem to recall her first name was Ann or a variation of Ann, Anna, Anne, something that. She was great, like to know more about her and knowing her name would be a first step.

Ah, yes, her first name was Ann!

(It wasn't Leah from Gonzalo's band, though Leah was there separately.)

Adrian
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Was she English, by any chance?
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • She was French but was staying in NYC for a little while.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • swingnationswingnation ✭✭
    Her name is Anne Sila. Lived in NYC with Cyrille Aimee for a while from what I heard. Similar singing qualities. Both are amazing.

J