DjangoBooks.com

Fitting a mic inside of the sound hole A la Gonzalo

TseeBaengTseeBaeng Paris, France✭✭✭ Olivier Marin
I have an Audio technica Pro which seems like a pretty standard mic. I've seen how Gonzalo and other players somehow get this mic mounted inside their sound hole. I've heard this helps with reducing boominess and feedback. But my question is, how do they do this? It seems extremely difficult. I can get the small mount placed in there but I can't figure out how to slip the actual mic onto the mount once the mount is inside the sound hole. Do any of you guys have any experience with this? Right now I have it just mounted above the soundhole with the standard mount that it comes with but am looking to move it inside.

Thanks a lot for any potential help!
Brad

Comments

• seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
    If you haven't already, you need to flip the mount around on the clip. Then you can put the mic in before you put it on the guitar. It's awkward at first, but it gets easier with practice.
  • TseeBaengTseeBaeng Paris, France✭✭✭ Olivier Marin
    Got it, thanks Chris. The secret sauce is putting the mic on the mount BEFORE you try to fit it in the sound hole. Definitely awkward at first but I'm shaving time off each time I do it.