DjangoBooks.com

RIP Bob Brozman

GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
edited April 2013 in Welcome Posts: 49
I was shocked to find out Bob passed away yesterday. He will be greatly missed. Before getting into GJ I was more a blues guy and slide was a big part of my repertoire. I took lessons from Bob in the early 2000's and owe him a great deal of what I know about bottleneck blues. He also turned me on to a lot of great vintage Hawaiian music, which has so many ties into Gypsy Jazz. Bob also had a sharp wit and will be missed for his humorous but always dead-on jabs at our modern society.

I'll play a little slide guitar tonight in Bob's memory.
http://www.santacruz.com/news/2013/04/2 ... ozman_dies

Guillaume

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    There's no way the man can be replaced, he was a truly unique human being and musician. Can't stop thinking that old Mateus bottleneck has survived him (and he would be proud!)
  • I am truly saddened by the loss. A great player and a real gentleman.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • andmerandmer New York✭✭✭
    That's sad. I got into slide and resonators for a while and discovered him. He seemed like a funny interesting guy, and of course a great musician.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, I'm shocked and saddened. That is some of the worst news that I have heard in a long time.

I just saw him at NAMM in LA in January. He was very engaging and open with information. He seemed in fine health when I talked to him. Looked great and full of energy and enthusiasm.

Irreplaceable and a huge loss. My condolenses to his loved ones.

http://www.theworld.org/2013/04/bob-brozman/