DjangoBooks.com

Tchan Tchou CD

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited January 2006 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 527
Hi,

it is rumoured that there will be a release of a Tchan Tchou CD in february on Iris Music. The homepage of that company isn´t available at present time. It is said that the title of that CD will be "La Gitane".

Has anybody more informations about this release?

Best,
Barengero

Comments

• stochestoche ParisNew
    It should be "Guitare Party" (disponibility in France on 9 february).
    But I guess they will release a little more than this short album.
    Bye,
    stoche
  • drollingdrolling New
    Ahh- That's great news!

I stole his girl for my avatar, but have never heard his music.

In another 15 years, I should be able to hack my way thru' la Gitane, but it sure would be nice to hear it played by the composer in the meantime..
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    ask and ye shall receive :)
  • drollingdrolling New
    NWILKINS, thank you so much! Man, that's nice.. Beautifully recorded, too.

I also really appreciate being able to copy it from my temporary files cache, as my connection stutters & garbles everything so badly that it's almost impossible to listen to anything streaming in realtime. Till I get a better computer & a faster connection trying to watch/listen to the great stuff archived here is pure torture.

But getting back to Tchan Tchou- I love his straightforward, bare-bones rendition. Exactly what I was hoping for..

When I finally got a hold of Dorado's version of 'Bossa Dorado', I kinda freaked that he played it on an electric in an overblown arrangement. Are there any earlier (or later) acoustic recordings of his classic tune?
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    drolling wrote:
    When I finally got a hold of Dorado's version of 'Bossa Dorado', I kinda freaked that he played it on an electric in an overblown arrangement. Are there any earlier (or later) acoustic recordings of his classic tune?

Yes, look here:

http://www.djangostation.com/article.ph ... rticle=355

Its the original.

Best,
    Barengero
  • drollingdrolling New
    That's the way I like it!

I've bookmarked that site. I got a lot of reading to do..en francais, aussi!!

So this 'Notre Histoire' is only on vinyl?

The MP3 fragment's labelled "iTunes..". Does that mean the entire tune's available somewhere on the net?

Thanks Barengero!

david
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    for a guy from montreal, u could';ve just phoned me up one day and spend an afternoon copying from my collection ... tsk tsk tsk mr drolling
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Notre Histoire is available on CD although it may be out of print - I got a copy off ebay a couple of years ago.