DjangoBooks.com

What strings should i buy?

jazznoobjazznoob Buenos AiresNew
If everything goes well, ill be getting my first gypsy guitar tomorrow, im really excited. Im pretty sure ill to buy new strings for her too.

Which ones should i buy?

Preferably available on ebay, since im not from USA (im in Argentina) and the prices are way better there than in my country.

I think id like to try 0.10's first, but which brand? Are daddarios any good (i usually dont like those for electric)? What about dell'arte strings?

Ive been checkin but it seems the only seller that has "argentines" dont ship to Argentina (lol)!

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if Michael ships to Argentina or not, but Djangobooks has killer deals on strings...especially if you buy them in bulk like I do. I haven't found better prices anywhere on the internet (including ebay) that can match the deals found on this site.

Anyhow, I'd go with the Savarez Argentine's. They're the only strings I like on Selmer guitars, and I've yet to find a substitute that gives "that sound" that you are no doubt seeking yourself. They're great strings and don't cost an arm and a leg, heck, they we're good enough for Django so why not!
  • murillomurillo ✭✭✭
    I used daddario for a while and recently switched to Philppe Bosset. They are both good strings.

Plus on the daddarios is a warm sound and long lasting, minus is that they sound a bit metallic.

Plus on the the Philippe Bosset is that they have a really good sound and they make my guitar sound more vintage. The first two or three days that I put on them I didnt like them at all. They had a strange sticky feel and were a bit thin. 11:s felt like 10:s. After a few days the strings begin to sound and feel good.

I live in Europe but I order strings from Djangobooks, it takes a few days, maximum a week before you get them.

best regards
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Cool, what guitar?

Yeah, try some Argie 10s.
  • jazznoobjazznoob Buenos AiresNew
    Its a guitar from an Argentine luthier (gonna buy it used). Gonna spend my savings lol.

Id be interested to know if djangobooks ships here and if the price for shipping is good, im in.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, I ship to Argentine all the time. No problem.

Michael
  • jazznoobjazznoob Buenos AiresNew
    Yes, I ship to Argentine all the time. No problem.

Michael

Where/how can i find out how much shipping would be?

is paypal accepted?

thanks!