DjangoBooks.com

Les Paul Auction

seanrayseanray Madison, WI✭✭
http://www.juliensauctions.com/images/a ... .html#/88/
Only a couple of Selmer copies but loads of other fascinating items.

Comments

• StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    I'll take the 51 NoCaster and the dot neck L5. And I feel guilty with 4 guitars! Glad I didn't have to change his strings. No wonder he had a warehouse to store all this stuff. Guess he was always looking for ways to improve his tone. Seemed like his rig was constantly changing. That DVD documentary "Chasing Sound" is pretty interesting. His contributions to recording are incredible. Love his early trio and Mary Ford stuff. Sure had a long and successful career. Great photo of Henry from Gibson giving him yet another LP guitar for his collection (man, they must sell a ton of those). Also an intereting D'Angelico archtop that looks a little like the one Michael had for sale recently. Thanks for posting.
    Swang on,
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    So the Selmer given to him by Django isn't being sold by the looks of things. That guitar must be worth a fortune.
    The auction results didn't say anything about a Maccaferri wrapped in a cloth cover (as shown in Chasing Sound), but if it was one of these, somebody just took home the deal of the century...

158 COPY OF A SELMER MACCAFERRI $1,408
    159 CSL COPY OF A SELMER MACCAFERRI $1,536
    160 COPY OF A SELMER MACCAFERRI $1,750

Does anybody here have any connections to the Paul family? Are they maybe holding back the one that Django gave Les for a museum exhibit? I understand that his hometown is putting together an exhibit about him, but I wonder if there is a bigger plan.