DjangoBooks.com

Busato on French ebay...currently at 100 euro

There is a "Busato" on French ebay currently selling for 100 euro or so. The price is only going to go up from there. I put Busato in quotes as I don't know truely if it is a real Busato or a Mirecourt luthier's copy of a Busato. Alas, it looks pretty cool even with all of the work that needs to be done.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.fr/GUITARE-JAZZ-MANOUCH ... 474wt_1026

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Hard to say about the body; it could be real, but the neck is not a Busato neck.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • dontanmandontanman ✭✭
    What gives away the neck? No spline right? Is it a known fact that Busato used a spline in every one of his guitars, or are there exceptions? The body seems to be pretty authentic. I'm no expert, but the bombe` seems to be there, and looks to have the same dimensions. There is also a label inside the guitar. Then again, i'm not an expert...it could be a copy from another old maker.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Alright, I am going to change my mind and say it could be a Busato neck. I've only ever seen one piece necks on Busato's "carnival guitars" (Jacques Mazzoleni's term), which were generally cheap, but really good! I had never seen even a picture of a Grand Modele with a one-piece neck, but sure enough, Jacques has sold one. So it's certainly possible that the neck is original Busato. A one-piece neck on a Grand Modele would be quite unusual, usually they are three- piece, and I've seen a five-piece.
    No, that neck is not right to me. Maybe Bob or Craig could better say, since they are builders, but the single piece of wood, the cheap tuning keys, and something about the shape say to me it's a replacement neck.
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Either way - 7 bids in and we've shot up to 650 Euros. Facebook IPO, watch and learn :D
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • noizenoize Netherlands✭✭✭
    Gone now. Sold?
  • dontanmandontanman ✭✭
    [quote="swing68"]Either way - 7 bids in and we've shot up to 650 Euros. Facebook IPO, watch and learn :D[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:

-------
    Yeah I guess the guitar has been sold or was a dud. It was on EBAY.fr for about a day, and then was taken off. The bidding was all the way up to 650 Euro like swing68 said. I don't know what I feel about it...a guitar in that state needs so much money put into it...