DjangoBooks.com

LEFTIES UNITE!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited November 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Calling all Lefty GJ players. I've been curious how many lefties are out there playing GJ so I'm conducting a quick poll to see. Besides, having a listing of fellow lefties can come in handy if we are interested in finding or selling our particularly sinister (lefty) guitars. So if you're on the group and play a lefty guitar, please post your name and the lefty guitars you have (if you wish). Also if you know someone who might not be on the group, pleas post their name as well.

Here are four:

Archtop Eddy, 1999 Shelley Park, 1977 Favino, 1997 Gerome, 2011 Latcho Drom Nuages
Stefan Boucher
Patrick Saussois
Carlos Vamos

Thanks! AE

Comments

• MusetteMusette New
    David Ramos, Dupont 2011 nomade
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Gary Williams... 2005 Dupont MD100 & 2011 Geronimo Matheos
  • Hi Eddy

Clue is in the pen name.

Ray Bartlett
    2003 Rob Aylewood (the one you played in Samois), 2006(?) Moustache, 2x harmsworth and willis D holes

Also
    John Wheatcroft (UK ace player) Aylewood & Manouche guitars
  • englishjanetenglishjanet NetherlandsNew
    Hello Eddy
    Eimers 2008
    JWC 2010 D hole
    Manon 2011
    plus a few that are not GJ :D
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Is that the Aylward that in played at IGGF 2011?
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    I'm curious about Ray's Alyward myself... Ray, do you know if I played that in 2002? I remember that one builder had an older lefty guitar and a new lefty guitar he had just built. As time and my recollections have gotten away from me, I've been thinking they were AJL. But your post here makes me believe I may have mixed up builders and it was actually Rob Alyward guitars that I played. It was a fantastic guitar! Does any of this ring a bell to you Ray? Also wasn't the "green" guitar that Robin Nolan played back then made by Rob Alyward? Thanks for the answers if you know them.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Back to the lefties list for a moment. Let me add:

Kaatchie Rosenberg

(Thanks Michel St.-Pierre for giving me this name...) AE
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Gustav Lundgren (probably an AJL)
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Left handed dyslexics untie!

I believe Pere Soto plays a lefty '80s Macias.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    All these lefties i'd forgotten about! Pere is left-handed & plays some kind of Favino copy, i've had a go on that one too, very nice, but i'm sure Bob is likely to remember the luthier.

I would like to point out (i've dropped this hint before, after experiencing Stephan Wrembel's Holo) that there's not a single Holo on the list..... :(

Go on Bob, give us a chance. :wink: