DjangoBooks.com

Eflat charts

EugeneEugene New
edited September 2012 in Woodwinds Posts: 5
Where could I find charts for alto clarinet had a chance to jam with some gypsises and it works really good but I dont transpose very good.

Comments

• What songs are you looking for heads on.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    You must just think the note you want to change is the minor third of the note you should play.

Considering the notes are placed on a 5 lines staff you just imagine the note placed graphically immediately below the given note is the transposed one for the Eb instrument :

So two solutions can be written on a line or on a space of that 5 lines staff (or stave):

- the transposed note is placed on the line below the one where is written the given note
    - the transposed note is placed on the space below the one where is written the given note

For example:

under C there is an A
    under D there is an B
    under A there is an F
    under G there is an E
    and so on...

It works very well and is immediate.

On sax you can also very easily imagine your note is two fingers below the written note:

- you play B with the 1 finger of left hand (1=index) and you must close 2 and 3 to get a G
    - You play F with the 1 finger of right hand (1=index) and you must close 2 and 3 to play a D

Best
  • Often one can find bass clef real books on sale for cheap cheap I recently bought 2 at $5 each

Pretend the bass clef is a treble clef, play the notes as written and add three sharps to the key signature
  • EugeneEugene New
    Oh yes I forgot about the bass clef book I remember I did it years ago.What about chord changes and improviseing on themI suppose I just have to write them out A m7 would be F#-7. Bmaj would beG#maj or is it Aflat maj theres some others like this .Is this right.
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    perfect!
  • Chords will be a minor third below what is written in the bass clef book. Don't forget to transpose the key signature

F 1b becomes D 2#. G 1# becomes E 4#

Bb 2b becomes G1#

Db 5b becomes Bb 2bs etc etc
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    i can transpose any of my charts in the Bb section to Eb & upload . any requests?
  • GerrySaxGerrySax New
    I prefer to think what degree of the scale a note is.
    Eg if I'm transposing from C to A for alto, if I see a G I think 5th and write E. I think getting your brain thinking that way easily is handy in all sorts of ways.