DjangoBooks.com

Stochelo Rosenberg's Just Relax

HennoxLaneHennoxLane Leuven, BelgiumNew
edited April 2012 in Unaccompanied Django Posts: 34
I just recorded my own interpretation of the first part of this lovely tune. It'd be nice to get some feedback on where I can improve, so I thought I'd post it here!

Difficult one, this :D

Comments

• SickstringSickstring Chicago✭✭✭
    Hi!

I don't have much authority to critique, as I'm working to improve my technique as well. but if anything jumps out at me it would be that your right wrist seems a bit flat and you aren't really relying on the power of rest stroke picking (maybe you aren't even trying to!) I realize you're not at a campfire jam and aren't necessarily trying to project but I hear a distinct weakness to your tone. I'm hearing almost as much pick noise as note so this could be your pick/pick angle/pick edge or it could be your guitar. I think it takes a pretty responsive guitar to be able to pick it light and still get a good tone.

I face a similar issue when attempting to play faster passages. I can play them up to speed with relative ease, however, I can only do it if I play lightly and then my tone suffers. So far, I have not been able to accomplish both speed and tone all at once.

Hope this helps and thank you very much for sharing.

Scott
  • I find it a bit hard to tell but it does look as if your wrist is quite tight

Looks and sounds to me like you need to relax your wrist more

If you want a critique of your technique close up of left and right hands would be easier

Sounding pretty good keep at it.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Hennox, what kind of guitar is that?
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Altamira, perhaps.