DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is pretty amazing! Hopefully you will you post videos of this guitar.
    Swang on,
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Congrats Michael on a beautiful guitar!

FYI: There is a video of Michael demonstrating the guitar. Just click on the image in the above posting, scroll down the page and click on the "video" tab...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks guys, this guitar is really something special! In addition to the incredible tone, it's just mind blowing to think that Django may have actually played it!! :shock:
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Just give me a minute to go to a cash machine.... What was it again ? 40K? no biggie, be right back... (YEAH RIGHT)...
    Oh but if I had the money. WOW ! It really does have that certain extra special something you can't get in even the best GJ guitars out there.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Am I mistaken, or was this same instrument up for sale on djangobooks some time ago previously?
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    wim...I was wondering that same thing. I could swear I've seen this guitar for sale a few times already, and I've always wondered why it keeps coming back, as I personally think it sounds beautiful. If I remember correctly someone once said the guitar has a wonderful tone, but is not all that loud compared to other Selmer's.

In lieu of this, Michael, does this guitar have the pronounced pliage that other Selmers have or is the top flatter? I've always wondered if that in combination with the solid back and sides has hindered the "loudness" of the guitar, but has also contributed to its apparent wonderful sounding tone.

Just curious...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, this guitar was for sale for before. People do eventually sell even the best guitars for many reasons, be it personal, financial, etc. I'm just glad to see this one again!

No, this guitar does not have the more extreme pliage of the later models. That's what sets these earlier 500 series guitars apart from the later ones. The flatter top and many other details yield a different sound than the post war guitars.