DjangoBooks.com

Cite de la musique, Paris

Keith MurchKeith Murch Ontario Canada and Naples Florida✭✭ Dupont MD50 and several archtops
edited January 2012 in Europe Posts: 50
Is Django's Selmer currently on display at Cite de la musique? I will be in Paris the first week of October 2012 and would like to see it. Also, I understand there will be an exposition featuring Django there, starting sometime in October. I sure hope it is open when I am there. Their website doesn't give the exact dates. If anyone has any info on that, I would love to hear from you.
Keith

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Yes, Django's Selmer #503 is there, but there's WAY more to the museum than that. You should plan for an afternoon there. They have an astonishing collection of instruments of all sorts going back several centuries, including many you will never have seen or heard of. Pick up one of the free headsets and tune in to the 100 or so audio/video stations throughout the museum that go into depth on the instruments and the music of the period represented. It is a worthwhile visit for any musician.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • patrolpatrol Greece,Athens✭✭✭ Eimers & Goulielmos Antique
    I agree with klaatu. This place is wonderful. When you ll see Django's place you gonna " cry"...:)I am sure you will love it. Furthermore, pay attention to a huge "Octabass" .. Its very interesting the whole museum. I attach some photos..