DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Jam New York City

GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
edited July 2012 in North America Posts: 49
Hi folks,

Hot on the heels of a very successful jam in Jersey City in October, jkaz and I are pleased to announce a follow up session which will take place Sunday December 4th from 3-5pm on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. We will be gathering at 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security building (look for the big shield logo) on the West side of Broadway between 71st and 72nd St. We will be in studio Carmen on the 5th floor. A small contribution ($5 at most depending on turnout) will asked to cover the cost of the studio rental.

Please send jkaz or me a private message if you plan to attend and we'll be happy to add you to the emailing list for future sessions and access to a shared resource for jam material.

Guillaume

Comments

Sounds great, put me down for 1!
    Get in touch to jam if you're in the NYC area!
  • Thanks to Guillaume for setting this one up. Last time was a lot of fun. Come on out, meet a few people, play some music. Hope to see you there!

Jim
  • Just a reminder that this is still happening. All players are welcome of all abilities. Since we are renting the room, there is a nominal fee (~$5), but we seem to have a fair amount of players showing up. Also, we'd love to have a bass player show up.

If you need details, feel free to contact me or Guillaume (original message) via PM.

Thanks!

Jim
  • GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    Happy New Year gypsy jazzers!

We'll be back on the Upper West Side of Manhattan this Sunday December 8 from 2-5pm for some GJ jamming. We will be gathering at 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security building (look for the big shield logo) on the West side of Broadway between 71st and 72nd St. We will be in studio Carmen on the 5th floor. A small contribution ($5 at most depending on turnout) will be asked to cover the cost of the studio rental.

Please send jkaz or me a private message if you plan to attend and we'll be happy to add you to the emailing list for future sessions and access to a shared resource for jam material.

See you all then!

Guillaume
    Hello GJ friends!

We'll be back on the Upper West Side of Manhattan this Sunday February 12th from 2-5pm for some GJ jamming. We will be gathering at 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security building (look for the big shield logo) on the West side of Broadway between 71st and 72nd St. We will be upgrading to studio Othello on the 5th floor, on your left when you come out of the elevator. A small contribution (depending on turnout) will be asked to cover the cost of the studio rental.

See you all then!

Guillaume
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Great! I've enjoyed all the jams and they keep getting better and better. Hope to see all again this Sunday.

Thanks,
    HCQ
    Bonjour mes amis!

It's time for another Manhattan jam session! We'll be back on the Upper West Side this Sunday March 11th from 2-5pm for some GJ jamming. We will be gathering at 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security building (look for the big shield logo) on the West side of Broadway between 71st and 72nd St. We will be in studio Othello on the 5th floor, on your left when you come out of the elevator. A small contribution (depending on turnout) will be asked to cover the cost of the studio rental.

See you all then!

Guillaume
    It's time for another Manhattan jam session! We'll be back on the Upper West Side this Sunday April 15th from 2-5pm for some GJ jamming. We will be gathering at 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security building (look for the big shield logo) on the West side of Broadway between 71st and 72nd St. We will be in studio Othello on the 5th floor, on your left when you come out of the elevator. A small contribution (depending on turnout) will be asked to cover the cost of the studio rental.

Jim and I will not be able to attend this session, but you'll be in good hands with our resident violin player, Bill DeLeno. One hitch this week - the elevator in the building is currently under repair. We'll have to hoof it up a few floors to get to our room. If anyone needs help, Bill mentioned that the building management folks will be able to give a hand.

Thanks!

Guillaume
    Hello New York Gypsy Jazzers,

I hope everyone's having a good Summer, filled with sun and sweet Gypsy picking!

For our next jam session we'll take a break from Tyler's house in Jersey City and bring it back to the Upper West Side studio. So here are the details again.

Please note the time change. The room was not available at our usual 2pm so we'll be jamming from 3-6pm.

When: Sunday July 22nd from 3-6pm
    Where: 2067 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023 in the EPIC Security building (look for the big shield logo) on the West side of Broadway between 71st and 72nd St. Studio Otello on the 5th floor, on your left when you come out of the elevator
    What's the deal: a small contribution (depending on turnout) will be asked to cover the cost of the studio rental

Hope to see many of you on the 22nd!

Guillaume
  • As a reminder, there are also several jams being held in Brooklyn on a weekly basis. If you are on Facebook, please look for the NYC Gypsy Music Community created by Matt Cross. Many people regularly post information about shows, jams, and information related to GJ. It's a great way to stay in touch with what is happening in the area.

If you are from out of town and are performing in the NYC/NJ area, it is one of the best ways to get the word out as the community is growing each week.

Alex Simon hosts a jam at Wyne A Bit on Tuesday and Saturday evenings:
    200 Franklin st. Brooklyn, NY 11222
    Corner of India st subway G train to Manhattan ave.
    All instruments and levels welcome.

Matt Cross hosts a jam on Mondays at the Legion Bar at 7pm. He also hosts a Sunday jam late afternoons at The Drink. I'd suggest checking the Facebook site or contacting Matt via Facebook before you go to confirm that it is on for that week.