DjangoBooks.com

Denis Chang Gypsy Jazz Playalong Series Vol.1 MP3 Download

Comments

• StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Please see if they will do a run of CDs that actually play on a CD player? Apparently the first run only play on computers (according to Hyperhipmedia) :? Not into the whole downloading thing. Prefer old school CDs (can't believe CDs are now old-school) :(
    Swang on,
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Steve,

Problem is you can't squeeze 60 tracks and charts on one CD. Would require about 6 CDs or so. What you can do is buy the MP3s and then burn them onto a set of regular CDs via your computer.

Thanks!

Michael
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Steveareno wrote:
    Please see if they will do a run of CDs that actually play on a CD player? Apparently the first run only play on computers (according to Hyperhipmedia) :? Not into the whole downloading thing. Prefer old school CDs (can't believe CDs are now old-school) :(
    Swang on,

Sorry buddy! But unfortunately, it's no longer economically viable to do things that way :-( , we have to adapt to current trends/technology. But the mp3 files are encoded at 192 kbps, and, as michael suggested, you can make your own custom CDs.

thanks!
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanations guys, it all makes sense. I'm just not keeping up with the latest technology and don't really want to. I just assumed when you did a run of CDs that they would play on a CD player, but I asked because I've been given a few home burned CDs that won't play on a conventional CD player. Don't really like playing my guitar and a computer at the same time, although I have found a staggering amount of useful stuff on the internet...more than I can handle...(especially from this great site). I'm still trying to get my tempo right for the head on Minor Swing! Maybe I'll get up to date with current technology and just buy one of those new guitars that plays itself....they're probably on sale at BestBuy :idea:
    Swang on,
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    re: home burned cds that don't work on conventional cd players

you have to be careful when burning CDs; as data is not always transferred correctly, especially at faster write speeds (recommended write speed is always 1x , in other words real time), furthermore cheaper cds are more prone to errors.

if you are not aware, there are different categories of CDs; the REDBOOK format is the standard professional audio CD format...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_%28CD_standard%29

if you buy a cd r and you want to make sure it works on just about any decent cd player, that's the way to go. These are slightly more expensive though