DjangoBooks.com

Denis Chang Gypsy Jazz Playalong Series Vol.1

Comments

• blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    Michael, perhaps my work computer is filtering the product description on this, which it does with all the other ads, we get a pic, and no description, anyway, does this contain just rhythm tracks, are there any melodies, solo ideas ,etc... thanks !
    shut up and play your guitar
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    here's the official product description

Professionally recorded Gypsy Jazz playalong tracks. The tempos and arrangements are based on popular recordings by artists such as Django Reinhardt, The Rosenberg Trio, Biréli Lagrène, etc…

These backing tracks are perfect for musicians who wish to have the full band experience; they can be used for solo gigs, busking, or practicing.

The guitar and bass were professionally recorded and mixed with high-end microphones (Neumann, Gefell), preamps (Earthworks, Great River), and plugins (Audio Ease, SPL, SSL Duende, UAD). No illegal software/plugins were used in the making of this playalong series.

Contains:

-An improvisation guide with arpeggio suggestions for every song.

-PDF chord charts

-8 studies on 4 classic Gypsy Jazz standards: Minor Swing, Dark Eyes, All of Me, and Coquette. Transcriptions in standard notation and TAB. Mp3 recordings of each study is included
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Denis, I just went through the Youtube uploads you so graciously posted. Are these samples from your disk? I found them really great with a good swingin' feel. Thanks...........
    HCQ
    thanx! the beginner ones that I posted are not the same as what's on this disc. The beginner ones are recorded at 100 and 150bpm and have no arrangements whatsoever

the ones on this disc are recorded at performance tempos with typical arrangements (intros/endings/breaks, etc...) , they can be used for practicing or even solo gigs/busking

Here 's a video of tim kliphuis on All Of Me

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Hi Dennis, I've just bought this with an eye to busk with these as backing tracks. Complimenting the ones i have already.

Getting some paid practice in while there's enough sun (which is a short window in England) seems a good idea to me.

I'm glad you're ok with this use of them. Thanks

Always with the generous spirit.
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    I bought the disk but now see it is full speed. And I am not :-). I noticed it had different speeds in the list. But I guess they are all fast. Where can you download the beginner versions so I can practice that first...
    sorry about that karen! if it helps, the etudes should be accessible (especially the beginner ones) and don't have to be played at the recorded speed of 200bpm , you can practice them on the 100 and 150 bpm beginner playalongs

i've posted most of the 150 bpm tunes on youtube (www.youtube.com/dcmusicschool)

all 42 tracks will be available for download (100% free) very soon at www.dc-musicschool.com
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    Thanks Denis, I got a little confused. I had read back through some earlier posts and there were downloads listed. But they did not seem to be available anymore. I thought they were promos for the cd. But now I see there are even more. You are one busy guy....I look forward to enjoying them all.
  • jimmyl51jimmyl51 New
    Does anybody know of a way for me to buy a copy of Denis's Gypsy Jazz Playalong Series Vol. 1 as Michael does not have anymore available? Please help! Thanks, jim in Maine
  • I simply love Dennis' work.
    If I started to learn Gypsy Jazz, I've to thank him!