DjangoBooks.com

NY city based Gypsy guitar dealers?

a friend of mine is in NY and is looking for a guitarshop that sells maccaferri's?
so far no luck so i though i ask around here.

thanks.

Comments

• thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    I've heard good things about RetroFret in Brooklyn, though I've never been.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Carmine Street Guitars in Greenwich Village sold Gitanes and the like when I lived out East. Not sure if they still do. Retrofrets is a cool place, but their prices are beyond rediculous.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • rottjungrottjung New
    ah well to late he coming back tomorow.
    thanks anyway ;)
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Retrofrets is a cool place, but their prices are beyond rediculous.
    ... plus they don't get a lot of gypsy guitars, as far as I know. You should check out their Web site, though. It looks like a really cool place to visit.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    I'm going to stop in and play that Di mauro once I get back to NY next month, so dont buy that one! :D
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    I went to Retrofret in October 2010 and had a fun time looking at all of the instruments. It kind of has a museum-y feel, with a lot of really old acoustic instruments. When I was there, they had 3 gypsy jazz guitars, none of which I was particularly crazy about.

Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area. It's a bit of a hike from the nearest subway station in Brooklyn but worth the effort.

Adrianr