DjangoBooks.com

Eric Clapton collection at auction

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
Eric Clapton is offering a huge portion of his collection of guitars and amps for auction by Bonham's in New York on Wednesday 9th March 2011: http://www.bonhams.com/usa/home/
"The auction is being held to benefit The Crossroads Centre, Antigua. A spokesman for the Centre says, 'The Crossroads Centre is very excited to be the beneficiary of Eric Clapton's guitar and amp auction at Bonhams which will directly assist those who are in need of addiction treatment. As we know, recovery from addiction is possible and with quality treatment and support, is often lifesaving.' "

I don't see any gypsy guitars, but there are some very nice archtops and resophonics in the collection, along with numerous electrics and flattops, one flamenco guitar, and a ton of amps.

If this is part of his collection, how many guitars does the man have? Jeez, he's auctioning ten times as many guitars as I own!
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Good for him to do this.

Quite a nice auction - I like the funky Picasso-esque archtop by the Japanese builder. Wonder what these will all go for - so many crazed Slow-Hand fans out there.

I can't imagine how much 'stuff' he just gets given to him from manufacturers. Something must show up weekly.

For all my love of guitars I just can't see ever spending $20k for a strat. :lol:
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Love that little Ferrington mini. Looks like it's had a fair amount of play too. Some of his "collection" is a puzzle. I think some manufacturers just send him stuff. This pales in comparison to his collection of Ferraris. I wonder if he's selling those of too? I somehow doubt it.
    Swang on, :wink: