DjangoBooks.com

Some of my recordings

oliverfoliverf VancouverNew
edited December 2010 in Welcome Posts: 21
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd share some recordings I made with my friend. Hopefully I'm in the right board. Don't click the file names, seems to be a bug there; click the play buttons instead or let them all play. Any feedback would be great. I know I meander a little bit, looking for the right sounds!
Cheers

http://www.myspace.com/556079153

Comments

• Good work, what kind of plec are you using, also what strings?
  • oliverfoliverf VancouverNew
    Good work, what kind of plec are you using, also what strings?

Thanks. Just a regular 1mm pick and some Argentines, on my Gitane.
  • I like the songs, i listened to them all a good few times after while doing stuff at home, but you should definitely get the right pic. You'l be totally surprised at the sound if you've never used it before. I have one i made myself but i think the most recommended is the Wegen available on the site http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/Wegen-Picks
    I just used the purple Dunlop 2mm when i was stuck 'cus i didnt have cash to order one on my college budget ha, because they were the only thick ones i could find in town. Some use picks as thick as 5mm but i'm not sure if i could. Mine is about 2.8mm

I know i'm going on about 'just' a plectrum but it really makes gypsy jazz, and i don't mean to sound condescending either, you probably know this already. Will like hearing more songs,
    happy xmas
    Dylan.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hello from the other end of Canada! Nice tunes. Do you know Budge Schachte, by any chance?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • oliverfoliverf VancouverNew
    Thanks guys. I'll have to order one of these picks!