DjangoBooks.com

Anybody use a LR Baggs Para DI?

Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
Anybody use a LR Baggs Para DI?

We would be driving it with K&K Pure MAccaferri pickups stright into a Mackie mixer. Just curious if these boxes have too much of a scooped flat top sound to do justice to our Sel/Macs. Straight into the board is a drag, and we are trying to find a good DI solution
Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com

Comments

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    I haven't, but i can highly recommend the headway EDB1 for a real warm, clear preamp. It's just got a gorgeous sound.

Makes all the difference going straight into a p.a.

I bought it for other reasons (phantom power in a battery-powered preamp that blends two channels! Perfect for my mic[audio technica ATM350]/pickup[schatten HFN S2] combi when the mic only does phantom power), but the sound is really improved, so much so that i use it all the time these days, even if i don't need the two channels or the phantom power. i.e. i use it with other guitars/dobro just to improve the sound, whether a preamp is needed or not, all my acoustics go through the EDB1..
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I run a transducer into the Baggs into a David. At almost every gig, someone comes up to ask how I'm getting my sound. Without the Baggs, it sounds pretty crappy.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    The Baggs is an excellent DI/preamp, but I switched to the Headway EDB1 http://tinyurl.com/26ldvkx earlier this year and agree that it is a superior box. Two input channels (one can be XLR), delivers phantom power (although it won't run from phantom), lots more sound contouring capabilities than the Baggs, mute switch, notch filter, the works. It's more expensive than the Baggs but worth every penny.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles