DjangoBooks.com

Fantastic new vid "Hommage a Django Reinhardt"

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited December 2010 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 386
Just came across this marvellous new concert video "Hommage a Django Reinhardt"

http://www.pluzz.fr/hommage-a-django-reinhardt.html

Not everythings to my taste but little Swan and Levis Reinhardt are amazing as is the great classical guitarist Roland Dyens and accordionist Marcel Azzola;plenty more great playing from Richard Manetti,Boulou and Elios,Romane,Angelo DeBarre,Tchavolo and Mathieu Chatelain as well.

Enjoy!

Stu

Comments

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Stu - thanks for the link, just finished watching it...huge theatre...love Tchavolo's jacket! Also really enjoyed Roland Dyens and accordionist Marcel Azzola, both who I'd not heard of before...also fun to see Rockey Gresset tearing it up on his Holo.

cheers

Phil
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Yeah Rocky is killin in that concert!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • bokchoybokchoy New
    At last Roland Dyens!!!
    What a step foreward in Django's music!
  • bokchoybokchoy New
    Phil wrote:
    Stu - thanks for the link, just finished watching it...huge theatre...love Tchavolo's jacket! Also really enjoyed Roland Dyens and accordionist Marcel Azzola, both who I'd not heard of before...also fun to see Rockey Gresset tearing it up on his Holo.

cheers

Phil
    Seeing all these great musicians on the same program with the amazing Roland Dyens prompts me to investigate more about them.
    What, for example, CDs of Tchavolo Schmitt"s should I pick up and start out with?
    Any suggestions?
    Also, I will make a point of picking up Dyens' CD of "Nuges".
    Great stuff!!!
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Some great Tchavolo...
    Alors Voila
    7 Gypsy Nights
    Memoirs
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    More great Tchavolo:
    Miri Familia
    Lautcha
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles