DjangoBooks.com

But what shall I wear?

andyandy New
edited September 2005 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 80
The tunes are learned, the arrangements arranged, and now our band is ready for some gigs. Question is... what shall I wear?

We're going for a late-50s, early-60s european vibe, strictly more Fellini and Rene Thomas than QHCF, though gypsy jazz is our key inspiration. Problem is, since getting married and having a kid, I'm a bit more paunchy than your average existentialist. So who's looking cool? All advice and inspiration warmly received.

Andy

Comments

• AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    *sigh* if only Zoot, Cabbo, and Teddy Dupont posted here... they'd have a field day with this. Andy, post this question over at http://hotclub.co.uk/forum. Either you'll see fireworks, or I will be deeply disappointed in the British national character.

To be more helpful: wear clothes from Banana Republic. They seem to have the retro vibe you want, and they're going after your demographic, believe me.

Cheers,
    Ando
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    bring out the ol kiss gear from the closet....
  • andyandy New
    Ando,

Have done as you suggested, and looking forward to comments, but as a south Londoner myself, I'm fairly certain they're going to rip the piss.

Cheers,
    Andy