DjangoBooks.com

GJ Players in Baltimore area

SamuelSamuel New
edited July 2010 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 46
Hopefully it's alright to post this in this forum...

But yeah, as the title says, I'm wondering if there's anyone on here that live in the Baltimore area and is looking for someone to jam with. I know there's the Hot Club of DC, and I'd love to get out and play with those guys some, but most of their gigs are in somewhat difficult places for me to get to (I work in DC but live in Baltimore. Lots of commuting time and train schedules to adhere to).

But if there's anyone here, pretty much regardless of skill level, who's around Baltimore and wants to jam, I'd be interested. Though theoretically it'd be nice if you were better than me so I can learn some from you :wink:

I'm pretty much still a beginner but can do pretty well on rhythm as long as it's not too fast. Working on lead/soloing...

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Samuel,

You might want to swing by the New Deal Cafe this Sunday, July 11th, 4-8pm. The Hot Club of DC is hosting a jam session with lots of GJ players from the area. Most will be from the DC area, but there will likely be some from Baltimore as well. If you would like to play contact Stephane at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> but even if not, it would still be a great opportunity to meet local GJ players and make connections.

The New Deal Cafe is in Greenbelt, MD, just outside the Washington Beltway, on the northeast corner, about as close to Baltimore as DC gets. http://www.newdealcafe.com/ Great listening room, food & drink, no cover. Always packed.

Feel free to pop me an email or PM.

Craig
    Hot Club of DC
  • SamuelSamuel New
    Thanks Craig, unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend :(

I've talked to Stephane before and may try to make it to some of your other shows, and will certainly be interested in other jams you guys do (and hopefully be in town for them!)

I was just hoping against hope that there might be someone around here in Baltimore proper that was interested in jamming. Trying to get as many options as I can!
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Samuel wrote:
    Thanks Craig, unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend :(

Doah! Okay. I'll let the Baltimore players speak for themselves, but HC/DC plays the New Deal at least every couple months and it is one of our closer gigs to Baltimore. We are there again on July 23rd. If you can make it, be sure to say hi. HC/DC tries to have a jam every six months or so, so maybe next time, eh?

Craig
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Samuel,
    Try hooking up with David Stevenson of HotClubDuJour.org, he's in New Freedom PA 40 miles north of Baltimore. I play with him and Saturday we're in Gettysburg but do get some action in the York/Baltimore corridor.