DjangoBooks.com

What guitar is this? DellArte Hommage?

Can anyone verify this as a Dell Arte Hommage? The seller says it is USA made in 2004. It has the 3 piece Maple neck and Rosewood sides. It is at a screaming price if it is a USA Hommage.
"Can we change it to red?" Next day -" it has to be white".

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    .....It looks like my '04 Hommage though I'd like to see more closeup photos. Ask the seller if the label is signed by ****'s luthier John Kinnard.
    .....Mine though had gold colored tailpiece and tuner plates & gears. I think by sometime in '05 the Hommage was delivered with silver colored tailpiece and tuners like this one appears to have.
    .....That is priced to sell.
    .....Rocky
  • SonofmickelSonofmickel St PaulNew
    Yep, seller says it has John Kinnard signature. How about that tailpiece? It looks like it is mounted incorrectly, too much green leather showing?

The number is #967. Is this your old guitar? How did you rate it? Why did you get rid of it?

Thanks

Edit: This guitar is now MINE! It is on the way. I hope everything is good on it.

Anyone have a pickup recommendation for this? How about that Micro Chevalet in the store here?
    "Can we change it to red?" Next day -" it has to be white".
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    .....I still have my US Made '04 SN 958 and keep it because of the good amount of traditional Favino tonal qualities this one has. It also offers a choice of tone compared to my Bob Holo Busato style so I can choose either one to better compliment other players' guitars I gig with; ie., Leo Eimers and Geronimo Mateos.
    .....The leather showing on yours looks the same as mine. I don't know when Dell 'Arte went to the silver color tailpiece and tuners, but it was after my mfg. date. When my tailpiece broke a couple months after buying used thru Cola, that Josh Hegg had spotted this Hommage at the DFSF in '05 Cola sent me two tailpieces, both with green leather. I took my red and installed it in one of the new gold color tailpieces. My original had a MOP smaller rectangle insert in the rosewood piece within the tailpiece, but I liked the simple, clean look of the all wood piece.
    ......Congrats on your guitar. Let us know your critique!
    ......I use a Schertler Basic pickup with the Unico amp but there are other less expensive options others can recommend.
    ......Rocky
    Congrats on your new guitar!!! And for only 1300? That's the best bargain I've seen in quite awhile.