DjangoBooks.com

Peche a la mouche pickup

Hello,

I noticed Peche a la Mouche makes pickups now:

http://www.pechealamouche.ch/pechealamo ... ic-pick-up

Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts on this? It is quite a bit cheaper than the Dupont Stimer copy. But the volume knob is on the other side of the pickup.

Simon

Comments

• CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this to see if anyone has any feedback on this pickup. And I clearly mean feedback, as in what you think, not feedback as in unwanted noise. Thanks.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I will have the Peche a la mouche pickups in stock soon!

They are actually only slightly less than a Stimer. Retail price is $300.
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    I'd be interested to hear if they really have solved the problem of the hot E and B strings.
    thrip wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear if they really have solved the problem of the hot E and B strings.

If you use nickel strings with the Stimer then it is perfectly balanced. When using Argies the B string is hot, but most people get used to it after a while. Most of the Gypsies just use argies with the Stimer.

Not sure if the peche a la mouche will be any better....I've seen many magnetic pickups make this claim but they never really seem to work.

'm
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Miller makes a Stimer copy that solves the hot B string problem. He uses a different magnet for each string. I have one and like it better that the Dupont reissue or an original Stimer. Frankly, I don't like the way Selmacs sound with nickel strings and I don't like the Hot B string problem.

Rainier Muller has solved the problem.

Michael, You should carry these.

http://www.miller-age.ch/pdf/pickup_test_report.pdf

Cheers,

Marc
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    If you use nickel strings with the Stimer then it is perfectly balanced. When using Argies the B string is hot, but most people get used to it after a while. Most of the Gypsies just use argies with the Stimer.

I realise that using nickel strings will alleviate the problem, but I don't want nickel strings on my guitar all the time, I want to use Argies! I use a Miller pickup and both the E and B are significantly hotter than the others, I am kind of used to it but would prefer not to be.
    Not sure if the peche a la mouche will be any better....I've seen many magnetic pickups make this claim but they never really seem to work.

I suppose we'll see!
    I just got this Peche pu in and so far it's great! It does indeed seem to be perfectly balanced with Argies. I tried it with several different configurations of amps and guitars and it seems to be even with all of them. I'll try it on a gig next week, but so far it lives up to the hype.

Other observations:

1) It's quite a bit heavier than the Stimer. I think that might be due to heavier shielding which would explain why it is also quieter (less noise) than the Stimer.

2) Tone is fairly similar to a Stimer....the Dupont Stimer still sounds a bit more "Django" to me but the differences are small. The Peche is warm and fat which makes me happy...

3) Volume knob is on the bass side of the soundhole.

'm
  • ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    Hey Michael, any chance of getting their amp?? Last I checked they weren't making a North American version.. Hopefully this will change.
    Sorry, they only make the 220V. However, the Stimer amp is absolutely amazing!

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/eco ... 2-amp.html

Hopefully you can hear in the video how fat it is...I've sold a number of them an people just love them.

'm
    Has anyone tried one of these on a dhole... I have an early 90s dupont, and I can't figure out how the clip would fit... The brace seems really, really close to the hole.