DjangoBooks.com

Samois 2010

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited May 2010 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 766
I was thinking of going; never been before; what's the best way to reserve tickets from the US-can you book on line? I looked at the festival web site but it wasn't clear?
Any suggestions for accommodation - I'm not set up for camping; any B&Bs-just planning to go for the weekend Fri-Sun;
as there's no reserved seating how difficult is it to get a good seat-or is it the earlier you get there the best seat you get?
Anyone else from the group going? Any of me old buddies from DFNW planning to go?

thanks for any advice,

cheers

Phil

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Hi there, I'm going for the third time and it's still a bit of a mystery.

I'd recommend booking tickets - there are two links at the bottom of the festival site, one of which takes you to FNAC and last year I booked mine on line. I had trouble booking the number of tickets for different days so this year it was easier to print off the booking form and post it off to France.

I realise that may not be an option if you live further away. I'd definitely get tickets beforehand as it ensures you get onto the fsival island and don't have to queue up.

Accomodation is always difficult and this year might be even more problematic as Le Petite Barbeau site is closed. You may be lucky and find hotel accomodation in nearby Fontainebleau, Avon or Melun but then you have to get from there to the festival site. In that respect Fontainebleau is probably better served by festival buses or there's always the option of taking a taxi.

If you are thinking of going I'd check accomodation pretty quickly and take it from there.

Alan
    always learning
  • I'd REALLY love to go but have to be in "N'awlins" and 'Lanta" at that time so I will have to console myself with DFNW
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6183
    this may be of use-I am hoping to get camping in Melun..its going to be tricky this year methinks..
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
    ha ok...these are the facts....you should stay at the camping in the forest,
    (because if u stay at samerau u get the "guys"....with the hair and the moves...not the music real...)
    if u take the time to walk into the petite ber camping, u can meet and play with david...pass stocholo on the way, (and maybe get invited into his caravan), jam with doradao, and meet Bernard and Marie-Joe....
    samois has become, is resisting to become, a festival....the "heads" goto samerau...the musicians, still, go the petite way...
    hope to meet u there!
    bill(fiddle)
    billfiddle....
    bill.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    It seems that Petite Barbeau is closed this year - so it's Samoreau or Melun or Fotainebleau or wherever you can find a place to stay.
    always learning
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    thanks for all the info...I'll see what I can get arranged, ~ cheers
  • TollundmandenTollundmanden DenmarkNew
    It looks like Petit Barbeau will be open anyway.
    http://www.djangostation.com/+Le-camping-de-Samois-ouvert+.html

BTW here's the lineup that seems to be missing from the official homepage;

http://www.djangostation.com/Festival-D ... ,1227.html
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    oh my damn ! Johnathan Kreisberg at Samois!!!!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • rmarsdenrmarsden New
    Le Petit Barbeau is open!!! The French Telecoms seem to have changed the local numbers!! The new campsite number is (0)1 64 23 89 81 Hope this helps Roger....bits and pieces....