DjangoBooks.com

Anybody got anything to share on Mateos Jazz A

I have found about 3, and I'm looking to pull the trigger on something soon.....Might have to spend 3g's (dupont $3200 without playing it, Yikes!) if I cant find anything worth it at 2 or so. these seem to come in at about 2 and slightly more and less.

any thoughts, greatly appreciated. and any other advice on what can be had. Just trying to get on the right path. :?
as a wise man once said "shut up and play yer guitar"!

Frank Zappa

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Dupont are great! If you can afford one that'd be my first choice.
    I played a few Mateos and they were really good and one( a cedar top "Audrey") was great.
    Used Dell Arte Hommages come up sometimes at about 2K.
    If you're thinking about spending 3K+ lots of options open up, check out Eimers and AJL guitars, if you live outside the European Union you'll pay a lower price (without the VAT)
    http://eimersguitars.com/pricelist.html
    http://www.ajl-guitars.com/ordering.html

Good luck!
    Dupont are great! If you can afford one that'd be my first choice.
    I played a few Mateos and they were really good and one( a cedar top "Audrey") was great.
    Used Dell Arte Hommages come up sometimes at about 2K.
    If you're thinking about spending 3K+ lots of options open up, check out Eimers and AJL guitars, if you live outside the European Union you'll pay a lower price (without the VAT)
    http://eimersguitars.com/pricelist.html
    http://www.ajl-guitars.com/ordering.html

Good luck!

wow. thanks for the help...kinda glad you replied, i checked out your my space a week ago and it was really inspiring (hotclubmexico). Thanks for the info, the mateo jazz A model a is less than 2 and charlies dupont on this site is 3200...I emailed Ajl about the guitar they seem to have in stock (503 promotion) and await there answer...so thanks for that heads up, the eimers situation looks over my cabesa but thanks anyway those look of the hook. I dont mind settling for really good right now, but don"t want to settle for the guitar that sounds good for the money (cheap) if you know what i mean. There's no doubt you know a hell of alot more than me so thanks.

Once again I love that hot club of mexico.
    as a wise man once said "shut up and play yer guitar"!

Frank Zappa
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thanks for the kind words!

Mateos guitars are the real deal, really good and much more affordable, they have a lot of tone. I personally liked the cedar tops better than the spruces. A good Mateos is all the guitar you'll ever need

I'm a big Dupont fan, they play easily, they have great traditional tone and loads of volume.
    No upgrading from here unless you're talking Selmer, Favino or Busato IMHO

I have played AJL guitars and they are amazing too. Very Selmery with beautiful woods and finish.

All 3 are great choices.

I don't know where you are and this might be out of the question but if at all possible go to a Djangofest, Samois is my favorite, try to play as many guitars as you can so you get a good idea of each luthier's pros and cons. Samois is great because you can sample a hundred guitars and, if you got the means, walk away with the one you like best.

Best of luck and thanks again for listening to my band.
    Don't forget to tell us what you go for in the end.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    You should also check out Rodrigo Shopis. I bought one of his D'Artagnan guitars a month ago, and it beat the pants off of the wonderful Dupont that I HAD (and have since sold).
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles