DjangoBooks.com

Are Stimer Pickups Dog Proof?

So I took my Latcho Drom, with Stimer pickup, to a jam last night. The fellow who hosted the jam had a small, elderly Jack Russel Terrier. We set up and start playing. After about 20 minutes my Stimer pickup starts sliding off the guitar. I look around to see what is going on, and find the dog has gotten one of his back paws wrapped up in my cord, and is three-foot hopping out of the room! I quickly unplugged and only a few teeny scuffs near the rosette were found.

An hour later it happened again. Being a purist, the doggie must not have liked the electric sound and was trying to tell me so.

Anyway, dogs aside, what can be used to protect a guitar's top from Stimer scratching -- my Stimer has two thin rubber pads on the bottom, but they don't cover the area around the clip, and what can be used to help stabiillize the pickup in general? it seems kind of "barely on" even in the best case.

Thanks

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    the best solution is to use some of the finish friendly Schertler putty....works great!

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/eco ... putty.html
    Thanks Michael, I'll add some to my next order.

Is it reusable or do you need to use more putty each time the pickup is attached?
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    In my own experience the Stimer sticks perfectly to Dupont guitars while doesn't work that well with a lot of other brands ...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Is it reusable or do you need to use more putty each time the pickup is attached?
    It's reusable.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    An hour later it happened again. Being a purist, the doggie must not have liked the electric sound and was trying to tell me so.

That son of a bitch.
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Jack wrote:

That son of a bitch.

http://www.instantrimshot.com/
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    My cat (George Benson) is absolutely scared sh*@less of my stimer!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.